NHS Or Private Rehab?
The preferred rehab treatment option for many people is private residential rehab. In most cases, admission can be performed within a day. If your pocket allows it or if you are covered with private health insurance, you'll be able to get into private rehabilitation facility. Getting an NHS admission to a private rehab clinics can also be possible.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
UK residents can choose addiction rehab treatment by NHS at group based recovery or private recovery, which is free at the purpose of conveyance. You might be required to prove that you have sought local community-based rehab alternatives before to be able to apply for NHS funding at a residential rehab facility. Residential rehab session is only dependent upon willingness of your area addiction group to finance your treatment. It takes many weeks even months.
Get referral to the nearest alcohol and drug action team from your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Flexible treatment plan;
- Spend of admission - within 24 hours sometimes.
- All treatment on one site union of care and day by day schedule;
- Patients have similar staff members taking care of them during treatment period.
- We provide the environment and surrounding free from worries and issues where patients can concentrate on treatment sessions.
- Healing occurs in persons with shared goals between professionals and patients in the program.
- Also we offer call, letter, accommodation and other facilities including visiting families and friends;
- Art therapy, equine therapy, fitness, gym and other correlative therapies are usually available;
- Programme of aftercare;
- Costs more than rehabilitation on the NHS;
- Not always protected by health insurance.
Rehabilitation of NHS
- Free of charge;
- Accessible to everyone;
- Located close to home and family in the local community.
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Might not be referred to residential treatment;
- Patients are sometimes required to attend different clinics with the right equipment;
- Recovery is influenced by easy exposure to drugs and alcohol accessibility during treatment;
- Limited access to the personal counsellor;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients may not have the same therapist / staff caring for them.
- Building an outpatient support network may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Cross Border Treatment Alternative;
It may take months in organising admission into a private rehab clinic via the UK NHS or local addiction services and the result is far from certain. Funding through the directives of the EU cross border healthcare can be much faster to access though.
For UK based patients all information about that option can be found on the Alcohol Rehab Leeds site.