Drugs And College Students
Common problems on college campuses which are noticed are binge drinking, prescription and recreational drug abuse that is popular.
Many people that abuse drugs are young people that are still in school especially in the higher institutions.
Young individuals [ages 18 to 24] are already at an increased risk of addiction.
Adjusting to college life can be very stressful and overwhelming to some. It is easier to let go off your inhibitions after a few drinks and that's why many students are tempted to drink. Not every student within the college begins to binge drink or to abuse drugs immediately, but it is the problem of having drinks routinely to have some additional fun, which leads many students towards an addiction.
Drugs and booze are easily overused by full-time college students than youngsters who do not study in a campus.
Reasons For Drug Abuse In Colleges
The percentage of drug abusers among college students is on the higher side and is attributed to a number of factors, including the following
- Students are usually required to face the high demands of coursework, part-time jobs, internships, social obligations and various other things, which make them turn to drugs as a method of coping.
- Academic Demands
- The pressure to complete their assignments within the due dates leads more students to begin taking stimulants such as Adderall, which can help them to stay awake late at night for the studies.
- More often than not, commonly abused stimulants like Adderall are acquired without a genuine prescription.
- From a personal and professional perspective, pupils are placed before new phases of their lives.
- The self-exploration can lead into drug experimentation, and this is a matter which is well-documented.
- Influence From Others
- Students who are part of a peer group in which many people use recreational drugs are more susceptible to use drugs.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Eating Abnormalities And Dieting Pills In College
There is usually problems with dieting among many college students.
There was a survey done by the National Institute of Mental Health that shows majority of these students suffer from some eating problem. It is quite unfortunate that these number tends to increase as the years go by. Peer pressure and low-self esteem among college students drive them to pop dieting pills to lose undesirable weight easily. Death and other health complications can occur because of this. Learn about diet pill abuse and eating disorders among college students.
Popular Drugs Among College Students
There is no drug available with the immunity for college experimentation, and this is simply because trends have been changing constantly over a period of time.
College pupils take some drugs are taken more than others. These include
- Most college campuses have to deal with heavy drinking.
- Having a drink is often believed to be socially acceptable and recognising a problem among college students who are abusing alcohol can be difficult.
- Many college pupils take drugs that improve their performance, one of them is Adderall, also referred to as the "study drug".
- In many states, Marijuana is now legal and that's why its use among college students is rising.
- You shouldn't be surprised to see that it is being abused more than liquor.
- Molly is another drug that is being abused in the colleges and gaining popularity, even though it has been in existence for quite sometime.
- It is relatively accessible among college students as a party drug, and they are more likely to use this drug as they fall under the target age range for this drug abuse.
- One of the most common party drugs is MDMA.
Alcohol Effects On College Students
The most hazardous drug found in college campuses is booze. Drinking alcohol is extremely common in campus, as it is a part of every house party, student parties, and celebrations.
Alcohol is so common in college and its use rarely, if ever, is frowned at, and that's why college students as a group drink more alcohol than those who are of the same age but do not attend college.
Booze is drunk by four out of five college pupils.
Nearly 50% of all students who consume alcohol have reportedly resorted to binge drinking according to a document published by the National Institute On Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Unmoderated alcohol drinking is not only detrimental to the drinker but also to other people in terms of troubles and violence it causes. Know about alcohol abuse among college students and the dangerous effects of alcohol on the health.
Fraternity And Sorority Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Despite attempts by fraternities and sororities to create a family environment for college students in their perusal of academic and philanthropic endeavours consumption of alcohol and drug abuse within the Greek system are more common than students outside the system.
Adderall is one of the drugs that the students in these systems take more.
Look For Support For Drug Or Alcohol Addiction
Don't go through harsh times alone if you are a college pupil having troubles with heavy drinking, prescription drug overuse, or an unhealthy eating behaviour. We can help you get the best assistance in stopping this addiction. Time to get in contact with us on 0800 246 1509 to break free from the addiction of alcohol and drug abuse.