Finding Addiction Therapy
There are multiple therapies available depending on the kind of addiction you are suffering from, you can as well get help on how to boost your wellness and maintain your drug free state. Any person in pain from a drug or alcohol addiction understands how strong and crippling this disease can be. Depending on the severity of the abuse, drug dependents are highly recommended to seek professional help.
Contact us now on 0800 246 1509 and let us help you find the treatment centre with the counselling and therapeutic approach that are right for you.
Counselling is one of the vital components in a treatment program.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. You can enjoy full benefits from arrange of drug addiction treatment interventions that allow you to stay focused on recovery program with support and physicians prescribed medication.
Roles Of An Addiction Counsellor
With the assistance of an addiction counsellor, you can start to set up what truly led you to turn to opiates or alcohol, recognize potential triggers and build a durable program to keep up your sobriety.
Both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs depend on great addiction counselling, these take place in large groups or singularly.
Hold sessions with the help of the patient's family or friends to support recovery.
Group therapy revolves around family relationship in the recovery program to provide progress feedback of the patient in the program. The addict now has a platform to base his recovery the moment he identifies what triggered the addiction.
- Non bias emotional support system to individuals and suitable therapy program delivery.
- Managed one-on-one therapy sessions to get to the base of the addiction.
- Conduct impromptu drug tests.
- Established a specific program for therapy based on your individual requirements.
- Educate patients on post-rehab care and provide information about them.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Professional Addiction Adviser
An addiction counsellor is trained to develop a specific plan for each patient. Being a good listener and having a general behaviour of empathy are some qualities that your counsellor should have.
The first counselling sessions are made to lay the foundation for reciprocal trust, which is necessary for a prosperous effect.
The atmosphere becomes more conducive for the patient to open up once the adviser is being sentimental and emotional; in fact, most of these advisers were once addicts. This will assist the counsellor recognize the fundamental problems that can be driving the habit-forming behaviour. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
Additionally, a great therapist will be capable to identify and treat each co-occurring psychological health conditions. The most essential aspect in a great addiction counsellor is an aspiration and engagement to assist their patients accomplish durable sobriety,
Types Of Therapy Accessible
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Based on the therapy facilities, we have;
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- The muscle state, heartbeat and blood pressure are examined with technology used by the addiction counsellor on patients.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This allows the patient to be aware of his or her thoughts and actions that lead to certain behaviours.
- CBT helps the recovering addicts to identify the triggers and actions and help them develop better or healthy substitute actions or behaviour.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Those suffering two different type of illness are treated with DBT, and one of its major functions is to restore the courage of the patient and grant the victim strength to withstand tough health challenges.
- Health problems like eating disorders and Borderline Personality Disorder can be eliminated using DBT, it also enhances interactions and personal outlook.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Awareness
- These forms of treatments place an aim on recognizing triggers, controlling nervousness reactions and using deep alleviation methods.
- The central concept of this kind of treatment is to get an individual into a calm condition to better comprehend what could be the reason for this drug-seeking and using attitudes.
- Holistic Therapies
- This treatment technique is designed to assist addicts to learn how to successfully manage their addiction apart from other techniques that are geared towards helping them.
- This therapy also enables patients to freely manifest their undisclosed thoughts and feel at ease while sharing them.
- Yoga, art therapy and equine therapy are some types of holistic therapy that may be beneficial in treating addictions.
Cornerstone addiction therapy involves a range of treatments methods to identify suitable alternative approach to achieve the overall goal of giving the patient a sense of direction to lasting recovery practices.
Is Addiction Counselling Necessary For Me
Building an assumption that you don't require any advice regarding your abuse problem, can be life threatening.
Don't be deceived, you can't adequately handle and meet standard professional addiction counselling process alone without assistance from qualified counsellor's support.