Getting To Know About Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
The known techniques of overcoming addiction can be used to with holistic therapy which does not involve the use of medicine. Holistic methods helps bring the body, mind and spirit into balance.
Facilities that use holistic therapy apply to exercise, meditation, and nutrition in their treatment regime.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Holistic Therapies May Include The Following
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Therapy using Art
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Treating Addiction Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. Apart from helping to deal with poor nutrition and emotional imbalances, holistic therapies help to treat the physical and psychological issues brought on by addiction.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. The plans offered by holistic therapy are flexible and are catering for the requirements of every individual.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Revealing the hidden addiction causes
- Helping individuals resist urges
- Encouraging physical exercises
- Boosting the self-esteem of the person
- Dull the attraction of the addictive substance
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Holistic therapy addresses the various areas that constitute a healthy lifestyle.
Some of the main therapies include
- Nutritional Therapy
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Focus of addicts on healthy nutrition during treatment gives remarkable healing results.
- It is not too late to start taking a good nutrition.
- Recreational Activities And Sport
- Exercising daily can assist in building a helpful routine which can relieve stress and strengthen the body.
- Most holistic centres consider exercise as an important aspect on the treatment.
- Different types of activities are offered including; rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding, or hiking.
- A clear mind is essential for recovering addicts who are looking forward to overcoming their addiction.
- In holistic therapy, taking part in reflection is one way through which you can stop the urge to using the drugs.
- A number of centres are also offering yoga, and tai chi has meditative practices to help inpatient residents increase their focus and clarity to the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- A massage is a great tool in helping one relax and relieve stress.
- Acupuncture is another method that is used to restore any imbalances to the body of an addict after an extended period of substance abuse.
Traditional addiction treatment methods which are most effective are used by holistic recovery programs that took forward to build up on them. Supervision by clinical personnel is still important when trying to deal with the withdrawal symptoms caused by giving up alcohol and other depressants.
Traditional methods added by holistic techniques include
- Medically supervised detox
- Good medical care
- Counselling sessions
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are also some of the effective strategies of stopping drug use.
Find A Holistic Treatment Centre Providing Therapy For Addiction
Most holistic rehabilitation centres provide holistic methods both as their outpatient and inpatient treatments. The holistic medicine principle of reaching harmony among all parts of a person's life well suits various addiction therapies. Yoga and meditation is well compatible with psychotherapy in giving patients practical knowledge about the ways to control psychological pressure. If an addict knows how to overcome psychological problems, he has better chances for final recovery without further return to drugs.
Professionally worked into the treatment program during detox and in treating psychological cases, holistic therapies can provide invaluable support in reducing the degree of the problem. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
If you are interested in using this technique, we can help you locate a rehab facility near you today and all you have to do is give us a call 0800 246 1509.